Certified Canadian Counsellor & Psychotherapist in Nagoya, Japan
My Mission As A Therapist
My mission is to facilitate positive change in the lives of others, and thus in the greater community, by helping people transform their personal and relationship challenges into opportunities for growth and healing.
You’ll enjoy a safe, compassionate, and professional environment that cultivates courage and curiosity, and invites you to creatively explore your relationship to yourself and others.
Together we’ll tap into your intrinsic potential for self-leadership and self-connection, allowing us access to places of deep healing, the source of change.
My goal is to help you become a therapist to yourself.
Are you ready for a change?
My Theory of Change
All of us have depressed, anxious, critical, judgemental, angry, confused and addictive parts that began as a way of coping with life’s hardships. What helped us cope in the past may not be effective today. Rather than trying to get rid of these emotions or parts, we can befriend them, learn something valuable from them, and enlist their support to release the burdens from the past that we carry today.
I ardently believe these parts have within them the seeds of wisdom that, when met with compassion, will flourish and result in transformative change and help you live your life more harmoniously and resourcefully.
Every life experience no matter how traumatic, shameful, or adverse provides opportunities for growth and learning.
Let me help you flourish and connect with your inner wisdom.
- Internal Family Systems, Level 1, (Paul Ginter & Simon d’Orsogna)
- Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma Levels I & II, (Janina Fisher)
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation, (Janina Fisher)
- Essentials of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Cognitive & Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety, (Judith Beck)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), (Marshall Wilensky)
- Gottman Seven Principles Program for Educators Training
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy – Level 1(Kathlyne Maki-Banmen)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- CCPA, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, Certified Member 1185 (certified 2009)
- President, International Mental Health Professionals Japan
- Master of Counselling, Psychology, Campus Alberta Applied Psychology: University of Calgary, Athabasca University, University of Lethbridge, Canada
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Calgary, Canada
On a Personal Note
I’m a globally working, long-term resident of Nagoya, Japan. I’ve been married for over 20 years and have two adult children. When I’m not busy learning more about what has recently peaked my curiosity, you’ll likely find me walking my dog, travelling, exercising, or enjoying time with my family.